Can you imagine what you could achieve by feeling instant calm in any situation?
We’re living in unprecedented times especially from 2020, it’s so easy to fall into fight or flight from viewing your social media to taking a simple supermarket trip. When we’re ungrounded and in fight or flight we’re basically unable to make rational decisions.
So… I wanted to share a simple ‘6 steps breathe to instant calm’ technique that will give your serotonin a boost and only takes a few minutes of your time.
By following the below steps you’ll pump fluid up your spine, giving your brain a bath of sorts. Afterwards you’ll feel more centred and peaceful. What we’re basically doing is carrying oxygen to your brain cells to release new energy.
This 6 step technique helps improve memory and insomnia, excellent before a job interview, moving through fearful situations or to relax your mind.
So let’s breathe to instant calm…
1. Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes and ground your energy by visualising and feeling the earth below your feet.
2. Place your left hand on the left side of your upper chest and your right hand on the right side of your head with your fingers spread out.
3. Breathe in through your nose with your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Breathe out through your mouth with your tongue resting on the floor of your mouth. Take four deep breaths.
4. Keeping your left hand in the same position, move your right hand to the back of your head. Take four more deep breaths as described above while holding this position.
5. Switch hands, placing your right hand on your right upper chest and your left hand on the left side of your head. Again, take four more deep breaths as described above while holding this position.
6. Keeping your right hand in the same position, move your left hand to the front of your head, palm on your forehead, fingers bending over the top of your head. Again, take four more deep breaths as described above while holding this position.
“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” ~ Hermann Hesse
With each breath you can add to your experience by visualising a deep blue or golden light flowing through your body. You can finish with a gratitude prayer – it can be something simple like “I’m so grateful to be alive.” Relaxing aligns you with the universe!
Remember great things take time. If you’re feeling anxious about a certain situation relax with certainty it has happened. Your job is to say yes then let the universe take over ‘how’ and ‘when’. Let go and detach, you can’t need it whilst taking inspired action.
Love is who we are, fear is what we’ve learned…
My spiritual mother who’s an amazing past life regression therapist in Sydney’s Blue Mountains ~ Francine Lemessager [02 4760 4623] shared this breath-work exercise with me many moons ago. I’ve enjoyed the benefits for years and grateful I can grateful I can share with you too.
If you’d like to go deeper into mindfulness I also highly recommend my friend Chibs Okereke of Wild Mind Meditation.
Tameera is a Sydney based Intuitive, Astrologer, Master Numerologist, Feng Shui Specialist and Energy Alchemist with over 20-years’ experience. She speaks the language of the stars and specialises in life direction, relationships, home energy and you! Her passion is to help you live your best life.
Tameera lives and breathes her work, she writes and teaches through festivals, workshops and retreats in addition to private consultations worldwide (Skype and in-person).