I love learning from Abraham Hicks, Flowdreaming, The Law of Attraction and The Secret. Reading a quote from ‘The Secret’ recently about how we can’t bring in more to our lives if we are feeling stress inspired me:
“You cannot bring what you want to you if you are feeling stress. Stress or any tension at all is something you have to remove from your system.
You must let the stress go – it is the only way you can bring what you want. The emotion of stress is saying strongly that you do NOT have what you want. Stress or tension is the absence of faith, and so to remove it all you have to do is increase your trust and have faith.”
The most important thing you can do to create good things in your life is to feel good. I know it sounds so simple and when you’re not feeling great it can the last thing you want to do. When stressed you are in fight or flight mode. This causes your adrenals to work overtime; you are not operating from your heart but more of a ‘war-zone’.
Feeling overwhelmed with work? If you could just get that next project rolling with some more money coming in that will make a huge difference right? Wrong.
Less work with more good feelings and play creates inspired action. Inspired action means you are in a beautiful happy feeling zone. A place of love, when you feel that good feeling inside then you know you are in the right place to create good things in your life. Creating from fear will just bring more of this energy to you.
So here are some of the best ways I’ve found to feel good, remove stress and create abundance in your life…
1. Clear out the clutter. Yes ALL of it. What you have around you, at home and at work says a lot about what’s going on inside you. For example if you’re not feeling grounded and stable you might be living like a backpacker (which is ok if backpacking!) or hoarding if living in the past. Change your energy by making your space beautiful, peaceful and calm. A space that represents YOU.
The universe provides when you have space to receive. Start with your wardrobe, if you haven’t worn something since last season and it’s for casual wear then let it go. The same goes for items and books you don’t look at and love. Spend a day organising your paperwork and anything you might spend time around.
2. Sleep on the left side of your bed. Ok so this goes for anyone who needs some extra good vibes in their life. Is your partner waking more refreshed than you? Time to push them over and have your turn. Sleep studies have proven sleeping on the left side of the bed makes you feel happier in the morning. Try it and see. Read more about the study here >>
3. Find a beautiful retreat and take some time out to renew and feel inspired again. Too often we wait until we’re not sleeping, not enjoying our work or feeling stuck, bored or depressed. Life is too short!
You might feel busy or wondering if you can afford to do this? By finding a retreat you love and taking action to make a change in your life you will reap the rewards of more energy, feeling inspired, meeting likeminded others and seeing the beauty in life again which in turn brings abundance to your world.
4. Make room for yoga. In America alone over 20 million people regularly practise yoga. You can take classes in the comfort of your own home and even learn to balance your chakras with Patty Kikos for a profound energy shift. If you need a little more encouragement a yoga class with others will do you wonders. Yoga helps you sleep better, removes stress and balances your mind, body and soul.
5. Meditate. If just 5 minutes a day will help ground your emotions, connect to your spiritual side and feel calm imagine what 15 minutes will do? Meditation can come in different forms, sometimes it’s being in your quiet zone like cycling, which also releases serotonin (I call this moving meditation). You don’t have to sit with your legs crossed and chant ‘om’. But if it makes you feel good do it
6. Gratitude. By being grateful for what’s around you – even the small things will change your energy and create more good things coming your way. Like attracts like – it’s the law of attraction. For example if you’re in a job you’re not happy with instead of complaining make a note and post on your wall…. “I’m grateful for the money my job has brought to help me in life but I’m ready to grow in a new inspiring, abundant direction now.”
7. Relax and heal with Reiki. In just one day you can empower yourself and others by learning Reiki I where you become attuned to the amazing energies. This is an ancient healing system you can feel working by placing your hands where there is tension or just to feel good. The more Reiki you give the more positive vibes you feel back. Learning with Simonne Lee, an Australian Reiki Master I had an amazing experience in one of Simonne’s workshops. Find someone in your area and try for yourself…
8. Give more. The saying it’s better to give than receive is true. Did you know when you give it releases serotonin? Love dogs? Donate some money to help save a life. Visiting a friend? Bring some flowers. Run a business? Give more than people expect to receive. You’ll open up a channel of giving energy – when you give the universe gives back and you’ll be feeling good too. It’s the law of attraction – have a think about it.
9. Exercise. You know it’s good for you and makes you look good too. Get up off your chair, stretch, go for a walk and soak up some vitamin D from the sun. Take a neighbours dog for a walk if you don’t have one. Go cycling, swimming, jogging, surfing or take a yoga class. Your muscles have memory, the more you do the better you’ll feel.
10. Eat good food. Let go of the sugar, the processed dinners and lunches, fried food and snacks. Your body was never designed for this kind of stuff. Processed food makes you age quicker with sugar highs and lows. Mudita Ayurvedic Retreat in beautiful Byron Bay and Billabong Yoga Eco Retreat Sydney will simply teach you how amazing food is. Visit their sites for some recipes and inspiration.
11. Take deep breaths. Not the shallow ones but deep from your stomach. Next time you feel in a stressful situation think of something that makes you happy like a tropical island retreat and take deep breaths. Let go of what’s around you and just breathe.
11. Vitamins. Need an extra boost? Fish oil helps with your nervous system, plus great for your skin and hair. HTP-5 is a natural serotonin booster – research has proven it’s as effective as Prozac and helps with headaches. B vitamins will help calm, Hypericum also known as St Johns Wort is a flowering plant which help with anxiety and nervous tension.
12. Stop processing start feeling. This is where morning meditation (not medication!) helps. Think about what you want to achieve for the day, write it down like it’s already happened then let it go whilst feeling what it would be like to have it. Get ready for some peace calm and beautiful changes in your world.
13. Drink herbal tea. Green Tea is not only good for you but also aids in weight loss (it has caffeine so if you’ve extra energy like me don’t drink in the evening); chamomile is a relaxant treating insomnia and stomach ailments; St Johns Wort increases the tolerance of stress; Passionflower relieves anxiety; liquorice nourishes the adrenal glands which are depleted when you’ve been in ‘fight or flight’ mode; lavender is soothing; Withania is an antidepressant that improves your immune system too.
14. Aromatherapy. Burn essential oils. Citrus is uplifting, try combining with coconut for a tropical retreat feel at home. Lavender is calming – spiders and mosquitos don’t like the smell. There’s an abundance of soothing scents to try.
15. Relax and slow down… take your shoes off walk slowly over grass barefoot.
Share the good vibes! Would love to know what works for you…
“Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.” ~ Voltaire