I’ve spent the best part of the weekend de-cluttering, re-organising and even finding a thing or two I needed to purchase, which I don’t need to buy now. Yay. My space feels amazing, mind clearer and I feel renewed with fresh ideas to expand my world.
Feng Shui is a great way to balance your environment and bring the energy into areas you need most. You’ll need to clear the clutter first though and remove any ‘cobwebs’ at home and in the office – including computer files. If in doubt throw it out 🙂
Sage when you’re done – you can purchase a stick online or even better – support your local health food shop. I find Burning citrus oils uplifts and creates a beautiful, warm space.
I thought I’d share a few of my favourite Feng Shui tips for prosperity:
- Mirrors are a great way to expand space – they also carry a strong energy. A mirror opposite your front door might seem like a good idea however you’re just pushing the energy back out. Don’t put a mirror at the end of a hallway it extends negative energy.
- When sitting in your home or office you should be facing towards – or at least sideways to your door. You need to see who is entering or you’ll be creating alarming energy when people come in.
- Plants should not be placed in your bedroom. Basically plants in Feng Shui represent growth and vibrancy, which is not what you want when trying to sleep. Unless of course you have a huge bedroom and can place the plants far away from your bed. If you have a window bay where you can put some plants this would be ideal.
- If you have the space and light plants are wonderful Feng Shui in your bathroom to balance and earth the constant flow of water.
- A water picture is best placed in front of you as it can weaken your energy from behind.
- Mountain pictures are best placed behind for strengthening your energy.
- Knife blocks are best stored away in the kitchen as they can cut finances and cause friction. (If you want to cut ties with someone – give them a knife as a present…)
- Keep the toilet seat down – otherwise your flushing finances away.
- Have an overactive child? Keep their bedroom colours lighter for a chilled space.
- Placing a red fan above the entrance of your bathroom or toilet especially if built in your finance area (far left of house) will increase good energy.
“There is no way to prosperity, prosperity is the way.” ~ Wayne Dyer